His signature colour on his IR uniform is white.
Alan was named by his parents after a Mercury 7 astronaut called Alan Shepard.
He was educated at Colorado University and while being involved in an experimental rocket project, Alan was involved in a near-catastrophic accident, resulting in an unexpected disaster. Despite this accident, he went on several lunar missions.
With a love of speed reflected in being an avid motor racer, he was making a name for himself as a champion racing-car driver before piloting International Rescue's space craft: Thunderbird 3.
For sport, Alan enjoys rock climbing and running (as reinforced in his enthusiasm in exploring Tracy Island's more inaccessible parts), which is his constant source of adrenalin-inducing activity. He has a close bond with Tin-Tin, which started at an early age.
Alan is caring and deeply romantic; and, though the youngest of his brothers, he displays a great maturity in his responsibly to the organisation.
He likes running and is a practical joker (probably taking after Gordon). He also likes exploring the rocks and potholes located in inaccessible points of Tracy Island.
Alan and Tin-TinEdit
Whenever we seen Tin-Tin, Alan is never very far away, usually right by her side. In End Of The Road it becomes apparent that Alan is in love with her.
Eddie Houseman turns up on Tracy Island to visit his "old friend" Tin-Tin. Alan is left sulking while his brothers tease him about the attention Tin-Tin is getting from Eddie.
He has also piloted Thunderbird 1 when Scott took over as the leader of IR Headquarters in their father's absence; the organisation reasoning that this decision made sense, as Thunderbirds 1 and 3 were rarely used on the same mission. (Atlantic Inferno)
- Main article: Alan Tracy/Outfits
- Alan appears in every TV episode except Pit of Peril, Desperate Intruder and Path Of Destruction (29 episodes), and also in both movies.
- He also appears in "Calling Elvis", both using recycled footage from The Uninvited and at the end in the girl's flat.
- Main article: Alan Tracy/Missions
- Alan's facial features are based on those of actor Robert Reed.
- "Not so involved? Let me tell you, young fellow, when this baby blasts out into space, I'm the one that's in charge!" - Security Hazard
- "Well, I do take Scott with me as a rule. Just to keep me on course." - Cry Wolf
- "I don't get it. You fellas sit around all day waiting for the next meal and YOU have the nerve to tell me I'm not fit." - Day Of Disaster