- "Boy, this isn't going to be easy. Come on, Alan, get this machine down on an even keel..."
Alan's signature colour on his IR uniform is white.
Alan was named by his parents after Mercury 7 astronaut Alan Shepard.
He was educated at Colorado University and while being involved in an experimental rocket project, Alan was involved in a near-catastrophic accident, resulting in an unexpected disaster. Despite this accident, he went on several lunar missions.
With a love of speed reflected in being an avid motor racer, he was making a name for himself as a champion racing-car driver before piloting International Rescue's space craft: Thunderbird 3.
For sport, Alan enjoys rock climbing and running (as reinforced in his enthusiasm for exploring the rocks and potholes located in otherwise-inaccessible points of Tracy Island); both serving as constant sources of adrenalin-inducing activity.
His close bond with Tin-Tin started at an early age.
Alan is caring and deeply romantic; and, although the youngest of his brothers, he displays a great maturity in his responsibly to the organisation.
He's also something of a practical joker (probably taking after older brother Gordon).
Alan and Tin-TinEdit
Whenever we seen Tin-Tin, Alan is never very far away - usually right by her side. In End Of The Road, it becomes apparent that Alan is in love with her...
Eddie Houseman suddenly turns up on Tracy Island, to visit his "old friend" Tin-Tin. Alan is left sulking, while his brothers tease him about the attention Tin-Tin is getting from Eddie.
In Atlantic Inferno, when Scott assumed command of IR in father Jeff's absence, Alan was called upon to pilot Thunderbird 1 in his elder brother's place; the organisation reasoned that this decision made sense, insofar as Thunderbirds 1 and 3 were rarely used on the same mission.
- Main article: Alan Tracy/Outfits
Appearances and MissionsEdit
- Alan appears in 29 episodes (except Pit of Peril, Desperate Intruder and Path Of Destruction), and also in both movies.
- He also appears in "Calling Elvis", both using recycled footage from The Uninvited and at the end in the girl's flat.
- Main article: Alan Tracy/Appearances
- Alan's facial features are based on those of actor Robert Reed.
- "Not so involved? Let me tell you, young fellow, when this baby blasts out into space, I'm the one that's in charge!" - Security Hazard
- "Well, I do take Scott with me as a rule. Just to keep me on course." - Cry Wolf
- "I don't get it. You fellas sit around all day waiting for the next meal and YOU have the nerve to tell me I'm not fit." - Day Of Disaster
- "What's gotten into everybody? It seems the only thing to talk about is Eddie and Tin-Tin. They're just friends, that's all. Friends!" - End Of The Road
- "Well, it was the only way. I had to make him see reason...I did it in the line of duty!" - Ricochet