- "Bugs in the flowers, Peeping Thomases at the window, pens that send messages. Oh, I need reviving."
— François Lemaire
On its maiden flight, a new airliner called Skythrust becomes the host of a fashion show for a world-renowned designer. Halfway through the trip, the plane is hijacked by rival designers who want to steal the revolutionary new fabric, so Brains reveals some unexpected features of the aircraft that bring the hijackers' plans to a halt.
- Main article: Alias Mr. Hackenbacker/Storyline
- Main article: Alias Mr. Hackenbacker/Transcript
- Jeff Tracy - Peter Dyneley
- Scott Tracy - Shane Rimmer
- Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward - Sylvia Anderson
- Virgil Tracy - Jeremy Wilkin
- Alan Tracy - Matt Zimmerman
- Brains - David Graham
- Aloysius Parker - David Graham
- Tin-Tin Kyrano - Christine Finn
- Gordon Tracy - David Graham
- Commander Norman - Peter Dyneley
- Captain Ashton - Paul Maxwell
- Francois Lemaire - Ray Barrett
- Madeline - Sylvia Anderson
- Steward Mason - Jeremy Wilkin
- Deirdre - Christine Finn
- Captain Saville - Ray Barrett
- Skythrust Co-Pilot - David Graham
- Control Tower Lieutenant - Ray Barrett
- 1st Reporter - Jeremy Wilkin
- 2nd Reporter - Paul Maxwell
- London Airport Security Officer - David Graham
- Paris Cafe Waiter - David Graham
- 1st Fashion Buyer - David Graham
- 2nd Fashion Buyer - David Graham
- Ross - David Graham
- Co-Conspirator Collins - Ray Barrett
- D103 Pilot (not seen on screen, voice only) - Jeremy Wilkin
- Saville's Secretary (not seen on screen, voice only) - Christine Finn
- Telephone Operator (not seen on screen, voice only) - Sylvia Anderson
International Rescue Equipment UsedEdit
Non-International Rescue Equipment UsedEdit
- Atalante Restaurant, Paris
- Building 67 - London Airport
- Café Atalante, Paris
- Disused Airfield (Sahara Desert)
- Emergency Services - London International Airport
- Entrance Gate - London International Airport
- François Lemaire's Apartment
- London International Airport
- For subsequent half-hour 'cliffhanger' broadcasts, part one concluded with the white car boarding Skythrust's loading bay.
- This episode features the biggest number of characters (in speaking roles) in any of the episodes and feature films.
- Brains's security pass was signed by prop-maker Tony Dunsterville.
- One of François's fashions is named "Alligator Attack", possibly named after the episode of a similar name.
- The 1st reporter previously appeared as Frank Hooper in Atlantic Inferno.
- When discussing champagne, Lady Penelope states how 1993 was the best year for the bubbly drink. However, given the passage of time on our side, it wasn't necessarily a good year at all.
- That being said, 1993 was a very good year for the Thunderbirds franchise, as it (and other Anderson-related programs) underwent a vigorous resurgence in popularity around the world.
- When the 1st reporter asks Saville "Have you found anything out with Skythrust?", he is voiced by Jeremy Wilkin. But when he says "Yeah, captain, make a statement." he is voiced by Paul Maxwell.
- Alan claims not to know who Francois Lemaire is, yet he is somehow able to correct Tin-Tin's mispronunciation of his name.
- The map used to find the disused airfield in the Sahara Desert, was very old, it still had "French West Africa" on it, a territory that was abolished in 1960.
- French: Un drôle de nom
- German: Ein gewisser Mr. Hackenbacker
- Spanish: Alias Sr. Hackenbacker
- Italian: La sfilata di moda
- Dutch: Alias Mr. Hackenbacker
- Japanese: 恐怖の空中ファッションショー