While Jeff takes a vacation with Lady Penelope, Scott is left in charge of International Rescue. He is chided by his father for sending the team to a fire at an oil platform when their help was not needed, but makes up for it later when the situation worsens and ignited gas starts pouring through cracks forming in the sea bed.
- Main article: Atlantic Inferno/Storyline
Regular Voice CastEdit
- Jeff Tracy - Peter Dyneley
- Scott Tracy - Shane Rimmer
- Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward - Sylvia Anderson
- Virgil Tracy - Jeremy Wilkin
- Alan Tracy - Matt Zimmerman
- Brains - David Graham
- Aloysius Parker - David Graham
- Tin-Tin Kyrano - Christine Finn
- Gordon Tracy - David Graham
- John Tracy - Ray Barrett
Guest Voice CastEdit
- Controller Frank Hooper - John Tate
- Operator Dick O'Shea - David Graham
- World Navy Commander - Peter Dyneley
- Atlantic Captain - David Graham
- Sir Harry - John Tate
- Atom Sub Reaper Captain - Jeremy Wilkin & Ray Barrett
- Atom Sub Reaper Lieutenant - Matt Zimmerman
- Operator Cravitz - Jeremy Wilkin
- TV Reporter - Ray Barrett
Guest Cameo RolesEdit
International Rescue Equipment UsedEdit
- Thunderbird 1
- Thunderbird 2 (Pod 4)
- Thunderbird 4
- Thunderbird 5
- FAB 1
- Electromagnetic Pod Grabs
- Sealing Device
Non-International Rescue Equipment UsedEdit
- Dozer Number 5
- Australian Road Company Road Construction Vehicle
- Spider Desert Jeep
- JT1 Condor
- W.N.S Atlantic
- W.N.S. Reaper
- Alan pilots Thunderbird 1 in this episode, due to Scott being left in charge of Tracy Island while Jeff was away, the Tracys noting that the decision makes sense as Thunderbirds 1 and 3 are rarely used on the same assignment.
- As the beginning of Season 2, a number of slight modifications have been made to the character designs, clothing and even Thunderbird craft.
- The opening shot of Australian outback was previously used for the opening shot of Cry Wolf, another story set in the land down under.
- Parker reveals that there are 200,007 sheep on Lady Penelope's sheep farm.
- Penelope's sheep-counting meter only counts to five digits; she needs six digits to count 200,007 sheep.
- When the Unnamed W.N.S. Reaper Captain says: "Okay, Lieutenant, dive!" he is voiced by Jeremy Wilkin instead of Ray Barrett.
- When Sir Harry drives Penelope in his jeep, in the model long-shots, he is wearing his hard hat, but in the close-up puppet shots, he isn't wearing it.
- When Seascape is being destroyed, the Thunderbird 2 model in the background has a Pod in it, despite the fact that Thunderbird 4 is still under the water.
- Virgil states that Jeff has never left them on their own before, even though he had already done so in Brink Of Disaster (Although the novelisation of this episode has Jeff noting that the events of Brink were business rather than pleasure, suggesting that the Tracys didn't count this as an absence as Jeff was only going to be away for a day or two.
- As Hooper says "Sound the alarms!" a hand can be seen moving his legs as he gets up from where he is sleeping.
- Main article: Atlantic Inferno/Transcript
- French: Au fond de l'océan
- German: Inferno im Atlantik
- Spanish: Infierno en el Atlántico
- Italian: Inferno nell'Atlantico
- Dutch: Brand op de oceaan (TV); Zee van vuur (VHS); Atlantisch inferno (VHS, DVD)
- Japanese: 海上ステーションの危機