- "Relax? With three giant alligators knocking the house down?"
— Dr. Orchard
In South America, a scientist has developed a unique growth substance. But his altruistic design for it goes dangerously awry when a small sample gets into the local water supply...causing three alligators in the nearby river to grow to giant sizes! The scientist and his household barricade themselves inside, whilst the enraged aquatic creatures outside repeatedly attempt to smash their way through...
- Main article: Attack of the Alligators!/Storyline
- Main article: Attack of the Alligators!/Transcript
- Jeff Tracy - Peter Dyneley
- Scott Tracy - Shane Rimmer
- Virgil Tracy - David Holliday
- Alan Tracy - Matt Zimmerman
- Brains - David Graham
- Tin-Tin Kyrano - Christine Finn
- Gordon Tracy - David Graham
- John Tracy - Ray Barrett
- Grandma Tracy - Christine Finn
- Dr. Orchard - Ray Barrett
- Culp - David Graham
- Blackmer - John Tate
- Hector McGill - Matt Zimmerman
- Mrs. Files - Sylvia Anderson
International Rescue Equipment UsedEdit
Non-International Rescue Equipment UsedEdit
- This episode is a favourite among fans for its use of real alligators (or rather, real crocodiles). Some members of the production team had the RSPCA called in during filming, though the RSPCA representative ended up giving the crewmembers advice on the voltage that would be needed to make the alligators move. Nevertheless, visual effects director Brian Johncock declined to play any part in the making of this episode, as he thought that the use of electricity to encourage the crocodiles to move when needed was unnecessarily cruel.
- One of the RSPCA members even became part of the production crew after he stated that Thunderbirds was his favourite television series.
- The stock footage of the thunder sky was later used for the opening titles of ITC series The Prisoner.
- Although he did not write this episode, it is possible Dennis Spooner may have reused the idea of an enlargement drug being washed down a sink causing animals to grow for Gnaws, one of his episodes for The New Avengers. In that, a giant rat was substituted for the giant alligator.
- This episode was filmed late in 1965.
- The camera and its operator can be seen reflecting off the window as Mrs. Files watches Blackmer and Culp arrive at the beginning.
- Jeff suggests that Pod 6 should be used, but if you look closely as Thunderbird 2 releases the pod, you can see that Pod 4 has been selected.
- When Culp is walking from his boat to the outside lab window, some dialogue from Dr. Orchard describing the theramine process can be heard in the background. In the next scene, the same process is described with the very same dialogue soundtrack.
- When one of the alligators attacks Blackmer and Culp, the first splashing results in their clothes getting wet. However, on the second splashing, their clothes are dry.
- When the third giant alligator turns over after being shot at by Gordon, a bit of water can be seen jumping into the air at the very end of the shot, indicating that the shot was played backwards in order to achieve the effect that the crew wanted.
- Main article: Attack of the Alligators (Fox Kids Series)
- Main article: Attack of the Alligators! (TCTB)
- French: L'attaque des alligators
- German: Angriff der Alligatoren
- Spanish: El Ataque de los Caimanes
- Italian: La battaglia degli alligatori (8mm); L'attacco degli alligatori
- Dutch: De krokodillen vallen aan (TV); Monsterlijke dreiging (VHS); Aanval van de alligators! (VHS, DVD)
- Japanese: 大ワニの襲撃