|Equipment & Vehicles|
|Top Speed:||220 mph|
|Appearances:||Pit of Peril|
Copter Watchdog is the callsign of a U.S. Army helicopter (no. 52723) featured in Pit of Peril. During said episode, it served as the support helicopter to the Sidewinder. Besides the pilot, on board are General Peters and Lieutenant Ralph.
- Fuselage length: 17 metres
- Length overall: 26 metres
- Max range: 2735 miles
- Max take-off weight: 18,600 kgs
- Maximum Speed: 220 mph
- Power: 4 T66-L70 turboshaft engines; 2 UEI-N77 topside turbojets
- Rotor blade diameter: 17.84 metres
- Weight (empty): 9,505 kgs
The name of the pilot is unknown. He holds the rank of Captain.
General Peters sends Sergeant Reynolds into the pit to attach a line to one of the Sidewinders legs. The Helicopter tries to haul the vehicle out of the pit , but the line slips off, leaving Peters no choice but to call in International Rescue
A Helping HandEdit
Virgil is lowered into the pit in protective clothing to lay explosive charges to clear the crust over the pit.
Cross-section (Cutaway Drawing)Edit
- Main article: History of the Cutaway Drawings (Classic Thunderbirds)
- Two differently sized miniature models were used during filming.