|Countdown to Disaster|
Countdown to Disaster (aka Thunderbirds: Countdown to Disaster) was a compilation film originally released by ITC Entertainment in 1982. It was the third and final in a series of three films comprised of two episodes each, spliced together into a single feature-length movie.
Terror in New York CityEdit
- Virgil praising Kyrano's cooking
- Ned Cook and Joe tumbling down into the abyss
- The panning shot of the IR team in the audience at the Ned Cook Show
- The entire opening sequence of Lady Penelope blowing up a mountain
- The sequence showing the World Navy preparing for their target practice
- Written By: Alan Fennell
- Supervising Director of Special Effects: Derek Meddings
- Director of Special Effects: Brian Johnson
- Music Composed and Directed by: Barry Gray
- Based on the Original Format by:Gerry & Sylvia Anderson
- Creative Production Coordinator: Robert Mandell
FILMED IN SUPERMARIONATION
- Produced by: Reg Hill
- Executive Producer: Gerry Anderson
- Directed by: David Elliott, David Lane, Desmond Saunders
- Associate Producers: Reg Hill, John Read
- Director of Photography: John Read
- Characters Created by: Sylvia Anderson
- Puppetry Supervision: Christine Glanville & Mary Turner
- Puppet Operators: Ernest Shutt, Judith Shutt, Wanda Webb
- Sculpting Supervision: John F. Brown
- Sculptors: John Blundall, John Brown
- Character Voices: Sylvia Anderson, Ray Barrett, Peter Dyneley, Christine Finn, David Graham, David Holliday, Shane Rimmer, Jeremy Wilkin, Matt Zimmerman
- Lighting Cameraman: Julien Lugrin
- Special Effects Lighting Cameramen: Michael Wilson
- Camera Operators: Gary Coxall, Jimmy Elliott, Geoff Meldrum, Noel Rowland
- Supervising Art Editor: Bob Bell
- Art Director: Granville Nott [sic]
- Script Supervision: Gerry & Sylvia Anderson
- Script Editor: Alan Pattillo
- Wardrobe: Elizabeth Coleman
- Supervising Editor: Len Walter
- Editors: Peter Elliott, Harry MacDonald
- Supervising Sound Editor: John Peverill
- Sound Editors: Norman Cole, Brian Hickin
- Sound: Maurice Askew, John Taylor
- Dialogue Editor: Roy Lafbery
- Property Master: Arthur Cripps
- Special Effects 2nd Unit: Director: Jimmy Elliott
- Special Effects 2nd Unit: Lighting Cameraman: Harry Oakes
- Camera Operator: John Foley
- Editing: Cinecontact Inc.
- Editor: Gunter Glinka
- Computer Animation: Dolphin Productions
- Art Director: David Gregg
Copyright ITC Entertainment, Inc. 1982
All rights reserved.
- Transition Between Episodes: As Ned Cook delivers his gratitude to International Rescue live, the image fades back to Tracy Island with Jeff receiving a call from Lady Penelope. No attempt is made to explain the passage of time.
- Countdown To Disaster is the only film of the series not to have "Thunderbirds" in the opening titles.
- The opening credits are displayed over a scrolling text background. Although most of this text is semi-nonsensical technospeak, it also includes a number of lines that appear to have been inserted as some kind of practical joke. Among them:
- "Brains is Howdy Doody's illegitimate son"
- "Troy loves Phones"
- "Danger Oscillator 5-3877 is out to get you"
- "Captain Scarlet Lives"
- Grenville Nott is miscredited as Granville Nott
- Hebrew: הספירה לאחור ("The Countdown")