- You may be looking for the 2015 version.
Built in the eighteenth century, the Creighton-Ward Mansion stands on the site of a Norman castle in rural Kent. Designated by World Heritage as a grade one listed building, Creighton House has nonetheless been extensively, yet subtly, modernized to include infrared burglar alarms, inter-room video communications, and a forensic laboratory has been built in what were the servants quarters "below stairs". Running costs are kept to a minimum: only Parker and Lil live permanently on site with her ladyship.
Views of the House from OutsideEdit
The Entrance HallEdit
The Main LoungeEdit
When Warren Grafton pays a visit to Lady Penelope, Parker shows him into the library.
The Safe Alarm SystemEdit
The safe in the library is protected by an independent alarm system, that when triggered, will set off flashing lights inside Lady Penelope and Parker's bedrooms. The safe also has a video view, which is disguised as paintings on the walls of both bedrooms.
The Master BedroomEdit
Lady Penelope's bedroom.
Parker keeps his suitcases under the bed, one of which holds a submachine gun!
Creighton-Ward Manor has several different communication devices throughut the house.
Hall Way CommunicatorEdit
Used in Brink Of Disaster, Parker is able to contact Lady Penelope who is driving FAB 1 by twisting the figurine on the banister of the staircase.
Tea Pot - Main LoungeEdit
In Trapped in the Sky, Lady Penelope twisted the top of her tea pot to accept an incoming call from Jeff Tracy on Tracy Island.
Candle Holder Microphone - Dinning RoomEdit
Video Phone - Dinning RoomEdit
Lady Penelope has a standard video link inside an oak cabinet.
Room To Room CommunicationsEdit
Lady Penelope is able to contact Parker in the middle of the night by the use of her bedside microphone hidden inside a jewelry box. Parker's communicator is hidden inside the lid of his beer stein.
FAB 1's GarageEdit
Key Features of the HouseEdit
Below is a list of features of the house, (according to Graham Bleathman, in his "International Rescue book of FAB Cross-Sections"), not seen on screen.
- First floor guest room
- Main Guest rooms on the first floor
- Book and video Library
- Games Room
- Attic containing emergency power system
- Satellite communications room
- Banqueting hall
- Recreation room, including art studio
- Wine cellar
- Weapons store
- Entrance to an underground stream that runs to Creighton Village
The Family CrestEdit
This is the coat-of-arms of the Creighton-Ward family
- The manor was produced by James Channing, with interior furnishing by Arthur Cripps, Tony Dunsterville, Eddie Hunter, and Stewart Osborn.
- Creighton-Ward Manor is in Foxleyheath.
- Adorning the lounge of the manor is a painting by Bob Bell which depicts an 18th-century lady in a rococo dress. This turned up again at Glengarry Castle in the Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons episode The Trap, in which the prop appeared in the main hall and Captain Scarlet's bedroom. As neither of these parts of the castle appear in the same shot, it is logical to assume that the painting was moved between sets as and when the production team needed to.
- Stourhead House in Wiltshire, the 18th-century Palladian mansion, inspired the design of Lady Penelope's home.