"Crosscut" (sometimes styled as "Cross Cut") is the fourth episode of Thunderbirds Are Go!, and ninth produced overall. It premièred at the MIPJunior event, on 11th October 2014, at 6pm.
An old Uranium mine in South Africa has been opened and is leaking out radiation so Scott and Virgil are sent to investigate and close the mine. When Scott arrives first on the scene, he discovers that they have a ‘sight seer’ deep within and decides to find them before they close the shaft for good.
The ‘sight seer’ - Marion Van Arkel - is busy trying to take a large quantity of Uranium from the mine to sell to a potential client in order to save her family name after the closure of the mine had put her family out of business. Scott tries to convince her that what she is doing is wrong and when the main exit is destroyed, they both need to leave the mine via an old back entrance. A storm that was on the way towards the mine and the nearby city of Pretoria becomes an ever increasing danger and Scott tells John that if he doesn’t make it out of the mine to seal it off to save the lives of the city’s inhabitants.
Just when things take a turn for the worst, Virgil digs through into the mine with the mole pod and brings Scott and Van Arkle out to safety.
- Scott Tracy: Rasmus Hardiker
- Virgil Tracy: David Menkin
- John Tracy: Thomas Brodie-Sangster
- Brains: Kayvan Novak
- Grandma Tracy: Sandra Dickinson
- The Hood: Andres Williams
- Colonel Casey: Adjoa Andoh
- Note: the following section is large. As such, it is hidden by default.
- Voice director: Dave Peacock
- Original dialogue record: Simon Capes, Soho Squares Studios
- Miniatures: WETA Workshop
- Design & miniature FX supervisor: Richard Taylor
- Lead model maker: Steven Saunders
- Workshop supervisor: Rob Gillies
- Production co-ordinator: Holly Beals
- Model makers: Sofia Pedersen, Mona Peters, David Duke, Joaquin Loyzaga, Laura Marie King, Abigail Smith, Masayuki Ohashi, Pietro Marson, Sourisak Chanpaseuth, Kim McAuslan
- Director of photography: Simon Godsiff
- 1st assistant director: Robin Wilson
- Production manager: Sadie Wilson
- Gaffer: Simon Oliver
- 1st assistant camera: Graham Smout
- Key grip: Byron Sparrow
- On set model technicians: Rob Chesney, Ben Fairless
- Lighting equipment: Portsmouth Lighting, NZFX SFX Equipment
- Catering: Deborah Logan
- Art director: Theo Baynton
- Designer, Thunderbird Shadow: Shoji Kawamori
- Lead concept artist: Christian Pearce
- Concept artists: Aaron Beck, Gus Hunter, Rebekah Tisch
- Head of design: Richard Athorne
- Design studio co-ordinators: Tasha Guillot, Catherine Mitchell
- Asset supervisor: Sven Trotter
- CG modellers: Ben Hutchinson, Tom Robinson, Ben Picking, Che Thorpe
- 3D story supervisor: Tim Gaul
- Lead 3D story artists: Karl Essex, Martin Haughey, Andrew McCully
- Matchmove: James Donald, Luke Swasbrook
- 3D story: Shinji Dawson, Nicholas Dodwell, Eduardo Gutierrez, Rhys Hanan, Jim Hatibarua, Nagaraju Kasama, Kai Ma, Yohann Misst, Ben van de Laar, Robin Wilson-Davey
- Production executives: Ivan C, Andy Tsao
- Head of production: Sareana Sun
- Line producer: Diana Chen
- Production team: Sean Li, Lara Lin, Tsung-Hsein Tsai, Bernie Huang, Pang Sy, Joseph Cheung, Yao-Cheng Wang, Heyifang, Tan Tao, Xu Ding, Shiwei Yang, Aimee Zhang
- Editor: Anthony Cox
- Assistant editors: Louise Pattinson, Adam Reynolds
- 3D artist: Rhys Clapcott
- Software engineer: Mike King
- Animation supervisor: Chad Moffitt
- CG supervisor: Andrew Harris, Park Road Post Production
- Data wranglers: Joyce Kamille Cristal, Wattana Moeung, Clare Brody
- Casting: Peacock Sound
- VFX line producer: Malcolm Angell
- Production co-ordinator: Sophie Gregory
- Production assistants: Brittany Connell, Jordan Harding
- Production secretary: Christine Healy
- Production runner: Nate Hinde
- Script co-ordinator: Patrick Rieger
- Legal and business affairs: Sally Perry, Sarah Cull
- Production accountants: Emily Stafford, Karen Kong
- Special advisor, International Rescue: David Tremont
- Branding and title design: ITV Creative
- Compositing: Milk VFX
- Online editor: Simon Brook
- Colourist: Paul Staples
- Picture post production: Encore London
- Music composed by: Ben Foster, Nick Foster
- Original theme: Barry Gray
- Sound designer & re-recording mixer: Nigel Heath
- Audio post-production: Hackenbacker
- Producers: Sharon Lark, Stuart McAra
- Line & consulting animation producer: Teresa Reed
- Supervising producer: John Sanders
- CITV commissioning editor: Jamila Metran
- Executive producers: Estelle Hughes, Giles Ridge, Andrew Smith, Richard Taylor
- Based on the original series by: Gerry & Sylvia Anderson
- Thunderbird 1
- Thunderbird 2 (Module 2)
- Thunderbird 5
- The Mole
- Bulldozer (cameo)
- Uranium Mine Exo-Suit
- Grappling Equipment
- Scott: "Careful, you never know who's listening. And for the record, I LOVE Grandma's chicken wings."
- John is missing the holographic interface on his sash in his hologram early in the episode.
- First "Official" Appearance: Scott and Virgil Tracy, their respective crafts, the Mole pod and a bulldozer.
- Absent: Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward, Parker, Kayo, Alan Tracy and Gordon Tracy.
- The uranium mine is owned by the Van Arkel Corporation.
- First glimpse of The Hood's Lair.
- The Fireball XL Burger container is a reference to "Fireball XL5".
- Dutch: De kortste weg (The Shortest Route)
- French: Galeries croisées
- Spanish: Corte Transversal
- Japanese: 危険な鉱山を閉鎖せよ (Weather Closing Dangerous Mine)