"Deep Search" is the third episode of Thunderbirds Are Go! season 2. It was first broadcast on ITV on the 29th of October, 2016.
On Jupiter's moon Europa Gordon's favourite explorers, Buddy and Ellie Pendergast, are searching for extra terrestrial life. When they start drilling into the ice pressure from geysers cause the ice to crack and they fall into an underground ocean below a ten mile thick layer of ice. Alan, in command, and Gordon blast off to the rescue in Thunderbird 3, with Thunderbird 4 stored abroad and modified with skis, powerful engines and a heat drill to penetrate the ice, which they loses due to strong underwater currents. They find the Pendergasts, who have taken shelter in their rover, but before they leave they detect a life form in the sea. As their escape ice hole freezes over trapping them Alan begins to regret his decision.
- Scott Tracy, Alan Tracy: Rasmus Hardiker
- Gordon Tracy: David Menkin
- John Tracy: Thomas Brodie-Sangster
- Brains: Kayvan Novak
International Rescue Equipment UsedEdit
- This is the first time that Gordon flies in Thunderbird 3. Specifically, he takes the role of co-pilot.
- This is also the first time that Alan is seen Aboard Thunderbird 4.
- This is the first episode where Alan is 'officially' in charge of the mission.
- This is the first episode to feature Gordon but not to feature Virgil.
- This is the first time that Thunderbird 4 is shown operating somewhere other than on planet Earth.
- Thunderbird 4 is taken to space and modified by the same technology that configures Pods.
- This marks the first time Thunderbird 4 has been carried by a Thunderbird craft other than Thunderbird 2.
- Alan wears a new deep sea aqua suit to perform the rescue, instead of his usual space suit as well as a Deep Water Exo-Suit that allows remote control of both Thunderbird 4 and Thunderbird 3 from each wrist. Even though this is the first time we see this Exo-Suit it's not mentioned that it's a new suit designed for deep sea use until Up from the Depths Part 1.
- It may be assumed that this episode may have been intended to be broadcast after both Colony and Up from the Depths Part 1 (and by extension, Up from the Depths Part 2) since Colony contains discussions about alien life (where the concept was dismissed), yet such life form appears in this episode. Also, the Deep Water Exo-Suit was introduced in Up from the Depths Part 1, yet it appeared in this episode with no introduction.
- Buddy Pendergast has a prosthetic blade right foot, as does Adam Hills the TV presenter and comedian that provides his voice. This type of prosthetic is commonly worn by Paralympic athletes.
- Gordon is a big fan or the Pendergasts, he owns all 12 seasons of their show and sees this as a chance to get their autographs. He later acquires the thirteenth season and a selfie.
- The in-flight checklist that Scott gives to Alan has the reference number "XZ-157", the same as the serial number of the stealth mine in the episode Space Race.