It's also used to hold up structures in danger of collapsing, as it does in The Duchess Assignment (see more, below).
After the DOMO has secured dangerous buildings from collapse, and/or removed any heavy objects from the danger zone, Firefly and the Mole can then move in to help complete the rescue. These three machines are often used in conjunction with one another.
- Length: 68 feet
- Power Source: 800 bhp high compression single turbine engine
- Top Speed: 50 mph
- Width: 25 feet
- Weight: 26 tons
DOMO to the Rescue...Edit
After the Duchess of Royston is kidnapped by crooks Brophy and Chandler, Thunderbird 5 tracks her location to an abandoned Country House - which is fully involved in flames, as Thunderbirds 1 and 2 arrive.
Scott rolls out the DOMO and uses it to hold up the lone remaining wall of the collapsing structure, while Virgil tunnels below-ground in the Mole to the basement, where he finds and rescues the trapped Duchess.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- The DOMO was designed by Mike Trim.
Cross-sections (Cutaway Drawings)Edit
As far as is known, only two cutaway drawings of the DOMO exist. Both were illustrated by Graham Bleathman. The first appeared in a Thunderbirds Redan comic, and the other featured in the Haynes Thunderbirds manual.
- The DOMO is carried in Pod 3.
- In the comic-book story The Hawaiian Lobster Menace, the DOMO was used to prop up the damaged Golden Dawn Hotel.
- Brains takes control of the DOMO in another comic-book story, City of Doom.