|Equipment & Vehicles|
|Type:||VTOL air-sea rescue aircraft|
|Affiliation:||Military service and commercially available|
|Appearances:|| Operation Crash-Dive|
The EJ2 Jet is mainly used by the World Navy as an air-sea rescue aircraft.
The air-sea rescue version is capable of landing on water with its floatation tanks as long as conditions aren't too bad.
- Crew (minimum): 3
- Crew (maximum): 20
- Height: 42.32 feet
- Length: 91.86 feet
- Payload: Up to 8,200 kg
- Range: 1,609 km (1,000 miles)
- Weight: 32.474 tons
- Wingspan: 80.38 feet
A blue-and-silver painted EJ2 was owned by the gang that hijacked Fireflash airliners; and it was seen when the gang member shot a flare from his inflatable life-raft, after Fireflash 4 had crashed into the ocean.
Cross-section (Cutaway Drawing)Edit
- Question: The hull of the fake Thunderbird 2 sports the words International Rescue. Which (if any) of the real Thunderbirds does?
- This vehicle may have inspired Pokemon Hunter J's vessel in the Pokemon Diamond and Pearl series.
- The GDF Flyer's in Thunderbirds Are Go! may also have been inspired by this vehicle.
- Answer: The only Thunderbird the public never sees - Thunderbird 5, where International Rescue is prominently displayed in space monitor John Tracy's control room.
TV Century 21Edit
In a TV Century 21 comic-strip story focusing on Stingray, a blue-and-silver EJ2 Jet was described as a "Blue Whale" air-sea craft, which belonged to the World Aquanaut Security Patrol (W.A.S.P).