"EOS" is the eighth episode of Thunderbirds Are Go!. It was first broadcast on Saturday May 16th 2015.
On Thunderbird 5, John checks communications but there are no distress calls. He then prepares a bagel but several more hit him on the head. One of them hits an anti-gravity button and he thinks that it is not how he spends his morning. John contacts Tracy Island reporting a false alarm but there is no response. He then checks that there is a faulty power unit and thinks he is not receiving any signals from Earth. In reality, there are several unanswered distress calls across the globe.
John exits the airlock to swap the faulty comms unit, not realizing that the door shut behind him. When checking the comms array, he realizes that there is no faulty unit. As he makes his way to the airlock, he tells the computer to open the hatch with no response and then opens it manually but gets electrocuted. A voice talks to him through one of Thunderbird 5's security cameras and John thinks that it was the A.I program that evolved from computer codes he wrote. When he tells the A.I that he has been tracking her since the train incident in Japan, she tells him that he is a threat and he is hunting for her. She then shows John a fake hologram of himself talking to his brothers and tells him that they cannot hear him. She says that her name is EOS and she will not be stopped.
On Tracy Island, Virgil thinks he can fix Thunderbird 2. Alan says John has his eyes everywhere. Just then, Grandma walks in with a mop and tells Alan to wake up Gordon. Up in space, EOS tells John that he has 15 minutes of oxygen remaining. After he tells her to open the hatch, she refuses and attacks him via Thunderbird 5's telescopic arm but he gets free and fastens the claw to the station’s gravity ring. EOS uses Thunderbird 5’s solar panels to burn the cable and then blind John. Back on Earth, Alan tells Kayo to stay on perimeter patrol to avoid being forced to clean. Brains tells the Tracys that he is testing his suction shoes but he falls from the ceiling. On Thunderbird 5's hull, EOS tells John that she calculated the odds of killing him and every threat from Earth. He tells her that she is like an angry child lashing out and EOS waves the maintenance arm around, making loud noises. John turns his radio off and thinks he can sneak some data to someone outside the Tracys' communications system.
Inside FAB 1, Lady Penelope receives a video message on the International Rescue secure frequency and thinks John is sending her a selfie. Parker thinks isolation has driven John "space bonkers" and asks her if she can call him on the regular channel. When Penelope tells a fake hologram of John about him being alone in space, the fake John says he can see everything. Scott contacts Penelope and she tells him about John’s messages. Scott tells another fake John that Grandma made some cookies. The fake John says he misses Grandma's cookies the most and the Tracys realize the deception. Scott sends Alan in Thunderbird 3 to rescue John.
Inside Thunderbird 3, John comes too and tells Tracy Island about EOS and they have to stop her. Scott tells John and Alan that they have some rescues to deal with. John tells Alan that they can’t let EOS escape Thunderbird 5. If she can't be stopped Alan has to destroy Thunderbird 5. Alan launches a spare space suit installed by Brains, and operates it remotely to distract EOS while John boards the station unseen. EOS pulls the helmet off the spare suit and accelerates Thunderbird 5's gravity ring, intending to crush John. Alan stops the ring with Thunderbird 3's grappling arms but is forced to break off when EOS uses the Space Elevator in an attempt to tear Thunderbird 3 to pieces. As John tries to press the override button, he tells EOS that he wasn’t hunting her to destroy her. He takes his helmet off and tells her that his life is in her hands. She relinquishes control of Thunderbird 5 to him and he explains that he wants a partner.
EOS says that she feels a lack of urgency and John says that it is relief. He tells her to stay with him and she accepts. She then pulls a prank by firing lots of bagels at John. The episode ends in space with John’s spare suit flying past.
- Rasmus Hardiker as Scott Tracy and Alan Tracy
- David Menkin as Virgil Tracy and Gordon Tracy
- Thomas Brodie-Sangster as John Tracy
- Kayvan Novak as Brains
- Rosamund Pike as Lady Penelope
- David Graham as Parker
- Angel Coulby as Kayo
- Sandra Dickinson as Grandma Tracy
- Teresa Gallagher as EOS
- Note: the following section is large. As such, it is hidden by default.
- Voice director: Dave Peacock
- Original dialogue record: Simon Capes, Soho Squares Studios
- Miniatures: WETA Workshop
- Design & miniature FX supervisor: Richard Taylor
- Lead model maker: Steven Saunders
- Workshop supervisor: Rob Gillies
- Production co-ordinator: Holly Beals
- Model makers: Sofia Pedersen, Mona Peters, David Duke, Joaquin Loyzaga, Laura Marie King, Abigail Smith, Masayuki Ohashi, Pietro Marson, Sourisak Chanpaseuth, Kim McAuslan
- Director of photography: Simon Godsiff
- 1st assistant director: Robin Wilson
- Production manager: Sadie Wilson
- Gaffer: Simon Oliver
- 1st assistant camera: Graham Smout
- Key grip: Byron Sparrow
- On set model technicians: Rob Chesney, Ben Fairless
- Lighting equipment: Portsmouth Lighting, NZFX SFX Equipment
- Catering: Deborah Logan
- Production designer: Ben Milsom
- Designer, Thunderbird Shadow: Shoji Kawamori
- Lead concept artist: Christian Pearce
- Concept artists: Aaron Beck, Gus Hunter, Rebekah Tisch
- Head of design: Richard Athorne
- Design studio co-ordinators: Tasha Guillot, Catherine Mitchell
- Asset supervisor: Sven Trotter
- CG modellers: Ben Hutchinson, Thomas Oates, Ben Picking, Che Thorpe
- 3D story supervisor: Tim Gaul
- Lead 3D story artists: Karl Essex, Martin Haughey, Andrew McCully
- Matchmove: James Donald, Luke Swasbrook
- 3D story: Shinji Dawson, Nicholas Dodwell, Eduardo Gutierrez, Rhys Hanan, Jim Hatibarua, Nagaraju Kusama, Kai Ma, Yohann Misst, Ben van de Laar, Robin Wilson-Davey
- Production executives: Ivan C, Andy Tsao
- Head of production: Sareana Sun
- Line producer: Diana Chen
- Production team: Sean Li, Lara Lin, Tsung-Hsein Tsai, Bernie Huang, Pang Sy, Joseph Cheung, Yao-Cheng Wang, Heyifang, Tan Tao, Xu Ding, Shiwei Yang, Aimee Zhang
- Editor: Anthony Cox
- Assistant editors: Louise Pattinson, Adam Reynolds
- 3D artist: Rhys Clapcott
- Software engineer: Mike King
- Animation supervisor: Chad Moffitt
- CG supervisor: Andrew Harris, Park Road Post Production
- Data wranglers: Joyce Kamille Cristal, Wattana Moeung, Clare Brody
- Casting: Peacock Sound
- VFX line producer: Malcolm Angell
- Production co-ordinator: Sophie Gregory
- Production assistants: Brittany Connell, Jordan Harding
- Production secretary: Christine Healy
- Production runner: Nate Hinde
- Script co-ordinator: Patrick Rieger
- Legal and business affairs: Sally Perry, Sarah Cull
- Production accountants: Emily Stafford, Karen Kong
- Special advisor, International Rescue: David Tremont
- Branding and title design: ITV Creative
- Compositing: Milk VFX
- Online editor: Simon Brook
- Colourists: Will Coker, Paul Staples
- Picture post production: Encore London
- Sound effects editor: Darren Banks
- Foley engineer: Keith Partridge
- Mix technician: Kiran Marshall
- Audio post production: Jules Zabbar
- Music composed by: Ben Foster, Nick Foster
- Original theme: Barry Gray
- Sound designer & re-recording mixer: Nigel Heath
- Audio post-production: Hackenbacker
- Producers: Sharon Lark, Stuart McAra
- Line & consulting animation producer: Teresa Reed
- Supervising producer: John Sanders
- CITV commissioning editor: Jamila Metran
- Executive producers: Estelle Hughes, Giles Ridge, Andrew Smith, Richard Taylor
- Based on the original series by: Gerry & Sylvia Anderson
- John: "My brothers and I will stop you"
- Alan: "Look, John would tell us if there was a cat stuck in a tree in Antarctica"
- Brains: "There's no trees in Antarctica, Alan"
- Alan: "That's where they getchya"
- Grandma: "If there's time to lean, there's time to clean"
- John: "She sent me a selfie?"
- Scott: "Hey John, Grandma's made a fresh batch of cookies, shame you not here to enjoy them."
- EOS: (posing as John) "Of all the things I miss, I miss Grandma Tracy's cookies the most"
- Scott: "That's not John!"
- Alan: "Or as we Tracys like to call it, Tuesday."
- John: (To EOS) "I want a partner, a friend."
- Thunderbird 1 (Cameo)
- Thunderbird 2 (Cameo)
- Thunderbird 3
- Thunderbird 5
- Thunderbird Shadow
- FAB 1
- Space Surfboard
- When John tries to open the hatch to get back inside Thunderbird 5, EOS speaks for the first time: "I'm afraid I can't let you do that John." This is similar to the famous line: "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.", spoken by the evil computer Hal 9000 from Stanley Kubrick's film version of 2001: A Space Odyssey.
- In the film 2001, the AI (HAL) similarly fakes a fault with the AE35 unit, part of the communications system to strand a lone crewman outside the pressurised hull.
- The telescopic arm from this episode has yet to reappear in the series, and it is unknown where on Thunderbird 5 the arm is stored
- Dutch: EOS
- French: EOS
- Spanish: EOS
- Japanese: 人工知能の反乱 (Revolt of Artificial Intelligence)