|Season 1, Episode 9|
|Air date||25th November 1965|
|Written by||Dennis Spooner|
|Directed by||David Lane|
In a desperate attempt to complete a road-building project in time for the deadline, Eddie Houseman blows the overhanging rocks from a cutting in the middle of a storm. Unfortunately, his truck is too close when he detonates the explosives and is blown to the edge of the precipice, balancing precariously while the cliff face crumbles.
- Main article: End Of The Road/Episode Guide
Regular Voice CastEdit
- Jeff Tracy - Peter Dyneley
- Scott Tracy - Shane Rimmer
- Virgil Tracy - David Holliday
- Alan Tracy - Matt Zimmerman
- Tin-Tin Kyrano - Christine Finn
- Gordon Tracy - David Graham
- John Tracy - Ray Barrett
- Kyrano - David Graham
- Grandma Tracy - Christine Finn
Guest Voice CastEdit
- Eddie Houseman - Ray Barrett
- Bob Gray - David Graham
- Cheng - David Graham
- J. B. Lester - Ray Barrett
- Chuck Taylor - Matt Zimmerman
- Road Construction Vehicle Engineer - David Graham
Guest Cameo AppearancesEdit
International Rescue Equipment UsedEdit
Non-International Rescue Equipment UsedEdit
- On 13th November 1965, AVRO aired a Dutch-dubbed, black-and-white version of End of the Road in the Netherlands, 12 days before it first aired in the UK.
- Brains appears briefly in a non-speaking role, playing Gordon at chess.
- When Gordon and Brains are playing chess in the Tracy villa lounge, the chess board is oriented incorrectly, as for both players, there is a white square in the bottom-left corner.
- When Thunderbird 2 comes in to pick up the tractor, the sky background briefly changes from grey and stormy to blue (due to old footage being reused).
- The raindrops seen on the faces of Eddie and his colleagues during the storm are disproportionately large.
- When Lester is attempting to call International Rescue in the panning shot drawing from Bob, Cheng and Chuck to the helijet cockpit, the raindrops on the cockpit window are seen raining UP instead of down.
- Main article: End Of The Road/Transcript
- French: Le bout de la route
- German: In der Sackgasse
- Spanish: Fin del Camino; El final de la carretera (DVD)
- Italian: Strada interrotta
- Dutch: Einde van de weg (TV); Geen weg terug (VHS); Het einde van de weg (VHS, DVD)
- Japanese: 死の谷
- Main article: End of the Road (Audio Story)