"Extraction" is the 19th episode of Thunderbirds Are Go!. It is was broadcast on December 5th, 2015.
A seismologist and his son alert the authorities to the presence of a rogue wildcat mining operation, only for the machinery to trigger an earthquake that swallows the equipment – along with the father and son. Gordon must attempt a daring underground rescue of the boy and his injured father, while Virgil has to find a way to shut down the out-of-control rig.
- David Menkin as Virgil and Gordon
- Thomas Brodie-Sangster as John
- Kayvan Novak as Brains
- Paterson Joseph as Robert Williams
- William Wright-Neblett as Aidan Williams
(To Be Added)
International Rescue Equipment UsedEdit
Non-International Rescue Equipment UsedEdit
- Sonic Ejection Platform (Hydo-Methane extractor)
- This episode is an homage to both Cry Wolf (child who idolizes International Rescue trapped underground) and Terror In New York City (people trapped underground after a cave-in with Thunderbird 4 being used to rescue them).
- Dunsley Field is a direct reference to Dunsley Tracker, the base that Mr. Williams operated from. In fact, the writer even stole his last name for their characters.
- Footage of Gordon piloting Thunderbird 4 through the underwater tunnels was previously used in Ring Of Fire: Part 1. New footage was also added using the same digital set.
- Dutch: Extractie
- French: Extraction
- Spanish: Extracción
- Japanese: 小さな科学者 (Small Scientist)