"Firefall" is the premier episode of Thunderbirds 2086, and third produced overall. The episode first aired in Japan on May 1, 1982.
What should be a standard mission for the Rosinante degenerates into a mission of mercy. Against the orders of Commander Simpson, the IRO Team set out to safely remove the ship's reactor before it destroys the nearby colonies, plus save the live of Dylan's old friend, Captain Bill Watson.
"What about the explosion?"
"My computer took the liberty of adding extra insulation to my suit, I didn't feel a thing."
"Well, I'll check you out myself when we get home."
- Kallan James and Dylan Beyda flirting almost instantly after the mission.
IRO Equipment UsedEdit
- Flying Sleds
- Thunderbird 1
- Thunderbird 2
- Hull-Piercing Drone
- Grappling Claws (X2)
- Heavy Duty Cutter
- Booster Rockets (X2)
- Thunderbird 3
- Thunderbird 6
- Thunderbird 9 (X2)
- First Appearance: Warren Simpson, Dylan Beyda, Kallan James, Jesse Rigel, Gran Hanson, Little John, IRO Headquarters, Flying Sleds, plus Thunderbirds 1-3, 6 & 9,
- Mentioned: World Supreme Council and Greater New World Times
- The story takes place before and during September 20th, 2086.
- In the original dub, Bill's wife Danielle, is his sister instead. This explains why Kallan gives her a jealous look when she runs into Dylan's arms.
- When Dylan and Kallan defy Simpson's orders and leave to rescue Bill, they are halted by Jesse, who points a stun gun at them. In the original dub, the gun's effects were far more permanent than simply knocking them out.
- Warren mentions that he spent his entire life dedicated to founding and developing IRO. In the 2086 Annual however, a letter from the World Federation dated January 2086 asked him to join the newly-founded organisation.
- Japanese: Friendship of the Space Colony (スペースコロニーの友情)