- "I don't like it, Scobie. That gold's too heavy."
"Give or Take a Million" is the sixth and final episode of Thunderbirds Season 2. It is also the last televised episode of Thunderbirds produced, being followed only by two feature films. The story was first broadcast on 25th December 1966.
When two bank robbers trip an alarm, they try to hide but are transported along with a consignment of hundreds of gifts to a children's hospital. The crooks are captured and one lucky child gets the Christmas of a lifetime at Tracy Island.
- Main article: Give or Take a Million/Storyline
- Main article: Give Or Take A Million/Transcript
- Jeff Tracy - Peter Dyneley
- Scott Tracy - Shane Rimmer
- Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward - Sylvia Anderson
- Virgil Tracy - Jeremy Wilkin
- Alan Tracy - Matt Zimmerman
- Brains - David Graham
- Tin-Tin Kyrano - Christine Finn
- Gordon Tracy - David Graham
- John Tracy - Ray Barrett
- Kyrano - David Graham
- Grandma Tracy - Christine Finn
- Nicky - Sylvia Anderson
- Scobie - Ray Barrett
- Straker - David Graham
- Dr. Pringle - Jeremy Wilkin
- Dr. Lang - Charles Tingwell
- Nurse Nimmo - Sylvia Anderson
- Harman - Ray Barrett
- Saunders - Jeremy Wilkin
- TV Reporter - Jeremy Wilkin
- Santa 1 - Jeremy Wilkin
- Santa 2 (Leo) - David Graham
- Toy Packer Tanner - Charles Tingwell
- Security Guard Preston - Peter Dyneley
- Security Chief Joe - Ray Barrett
- Newsreader - Jeremy Wilkin
- Christmas Rocket Launch Supervisor
- Guests at the Coralville Christmas party
- Guests at Harman's Christmas party
International Rescue Equipment UsedEdit
Non-International Rescue Equipment UsedEdit
- This is the only episode in which International Rescue doesn't save anyone from life-threatening danger.
- It's also the only time Lady Penelope makes an appearance but Parker doesn't (if we disregard the flashback scenes from Day of Disaster in the episode Security Hazard.)
- This episode is told mostly in flashback (not unlike Move And You're Dead); as Jeff (Santa) describes to Nicky how his special Christmas visit to Tracy Island came to be.
- When broadcast in the half hour "cliffhanger" format, the first part concluded as Scobie and Straker begin to drill into the centre of the section of wall they've cut out.
- Toy Packer Tanner is portrayed by Frank Hooper from Atlantic Inferno, Straker previously appeared as Stevens in Danger At Ocean Deep, Dr. Pringle was originally the Matthews Field Commander in The Cham-Cham and Dr. Lang is played by Francois Lemaire from Alias Mr. Hackenbacker.
- Give Or Take A Million first aired in Japan on November 27th 1966, nearly a month before its British debut.
- Despite the sizeable cast of characters, Matt Zimmerman's voice is heard only once in the entire episode, when Alan utters the stock phrase "F.A.B."
- With all that being said, December 25th 2067 will be a Sunday.
- French: Joyeux noël
- German: Der Weihnachts-Coup
- Spanish: Millón más millón menos
- Italian: Natale a sorpresa
- Dutch: Geef of neem een miljoen (TV); Een miljoen meer of minder (VHS, DVD)
- Japanese: すばらしいクリスマスプレゼント