When the first run of an inventor's newly-constructed Hypercar begins to malfunction, Scott must try to find a way to slow down the fast-moving ride.
- Scott Tracy - Rasmus Hardiker
- Virgil Tracy, Gordon Tracy - David Menkin
- Brains - Kayvan Novak
- Grandma Tracy - Sandra Dickinson
- Tycho Reeves - David Tennant
- Keiko Murakami - Emily Atkins
- Toshi Murakami - Togo Igawa
- Gertie Bunson - Lorelei King
- Technician - Laura Reed
International Rescue Equipment used Edit
Non International Rescue Equipment Used Edit
- This episode borrows plot elements from Brink of Disaster. Also, this episode is somewhat similar to Runaway.
- This is the first time Scott is seen aboard Thunderbird 4.
- Thunderbird 4's turbines are modified to act as afterburners, much similar to its classic counterpart.
- This is the second time that Thunderbird 4 has been used in a unconventional manner, after the events of Heavy Metal and the second time Thunderbird 2 has caught a falling craft from the skies inside a pod hanger (Clean Sweep).
- Scott refuses to give an interview to a journalist (in quite a humorous manner). Of course, in the classic series, International Rescue were not to be filmed under any circumstances.
- This is the first episode since Ring of Fire Part 2 to use a different closing theme instead of the 'closing titles' march.
- The Tycho Reeves character is a parody of Elon Musk and his Hyperloop concept.
- This is the first time a non-English line (Japanese) was used in the episodes.
- Tycho says that the Hypercar is travelling at seven times the speed of sound (Mach 7) and later Brains says that the speed is Mach 8. Scientifically, these statements are meaningless since the medium through which the Hypercar is travelling is a vacuum, and the speed of sound in which would be zero. Contrary to popular belief, the speed of sound varies depending on the medium through which the sound is projected, amongst other variables.
- The Hypercar may be a reference to one of Gerry Anderson's TV series, Supercar.
- Some sceneries in the episode are reused from the previous episodes (Attack of the Reptiles, Tunnels of Time, Legacy).
- In many scenes inside the hypertube, the background clouds don't move. However, they should move at least a little if the Hypercar is going at 7 times the speed of sound.
- When Gordon tries to catch up to the Hypercar, he shoots a harpoon. However, in every scene after this, the harpoon is missing. Gordon has not detached the harpoon in those scenes either, as he says after rescuing everyone, 'Detaching Harpoon'.