International Rescue is a secret, non-profit organisation dedicated to assisting any who find themselves in danger. Although small in terms of personnel, the service they render is available worldwide thanks to the advanced technology in its possession. It is run by the Tracy Family, that was founded and now headed by Jeff Tracy, with his five sons piloting the five Thunderbird craft and other rescue equipment. The organisation's headquarters is at Tracy Island somewhere in the South Pacific, with other agents stationed in locations around the world.
Their code word for understanding an order or message is "F.A.B." This is not a true acronym, as it does not stand for anything.
Members of the OrganisationEdit
- Jeff Tracy: Main Operative at Tracy Island Headquarters
- Scott Tracy: Pilot of Thunderbird 1, sometimes assistant astronaut of Thunderbird 3
- John Tracy: Space Monitor of Thunderbird 5, sometimes astronaut of Thunderbird 3
- Virgil Tracy: Pilot of Thunderbird 2, one-off astronaut of Thunderbird 3
- Gordon Tracy: Aquanaut of Thunderbird 4, sometimes co-pilot of Thunderbird 2
- Alan Tracy: Astronaut of Thunderbird 3, sometimes space monitor of Thunderbird 5, one-off pilot of Thunderbird 1
- Brains: Lead Engineer and Mechanic
- Tin-Tin Kyrano: Reserve/Engineer
- Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward: London based IR Agent
- Aloysius "Nosey" Parker: London based IR Agent
- Sir Jeremy Hodge: London/England based IR Agent/financier
- Jeremiah Tuttle: USA southern state based IR Agent
- Gallup Din: India/Asian based IR Agent
- Unnamed Australia based IR Agent
- Unnamed New Zealand based IR Agent
- The I.R. logo was designed by Eddie Hunter.