"Introducing Thunderbirds" is the first episode of Thunderbirds 1965, successfully funded through Kickstarter on August 9th 2015.
- Lady Penelope: Sylvia Anderson
- Jeff Tracy: Peter Dyneley
- Parker: David Graham
- Brains: David Graham (voice only; not seen on screen)
- Scott Tracy: Shane Rimmer (stock footage only)
- Virgil Tracy: David Holliday (stock footage only)
Cameos (silent characters)Edit
International Rescue Equipment UsedEdit
- This story is set before the events of Trapped in the Sky, with International Rescue almost ready to begin operating.
- Several lines of dialogue were lifted and reused 25 years later for the Power Themes 90 soundtrack such as Lady Penelope's line "My...! It came out through the centre of the house".
- Jeff's sons and Brains appear due to archive footage from original episodes.
- Archive footage of Tracy Island and of all of the original launch scenes were reused for this episode.
- One of the paintings on the wall of Jeff's office is the work "Mexican Plain" by Bud Hassler, previously seen in the Supercar episode A Little Art.
While Introducing Thunderbirds remains faithful to its source material, several exchanges were cut from the original audio, including:
- After naming all five Tracy brothers, Lady Penelope mentions Brains as the genius behind the crafts, and Tin-Tin's role as engineer. Jeff further mentions Grandma to round off their operation.
- When asked how private the organisation is, Jeff comments that no-one else knows about International Rescue, though he's seen reports of a man working under the melodramatic alias of 'The Hood' attempting to steal their secrets. This scene is important, as Lady Penelope and Parker have already faced The Hood in the TV Century 21 story The Vanishing Ray, which chronologically took place immediately before Introducing Thunderbirds.
- Before the trio head off to see the Thunderbird crafts, Kyrano steps in with tea and welcomes Lady Penelope.