Jeff Tracy is the founder and head operative of International Rescue.
Jeff was the eldest of three sons and born in Kansas to a wheat farmer, Grant Tracy.
At a young age, he became a Colonel in the United States Air Force before transferring to the Space Agency where he counts himself as one of the first astronauts to land in the moon during the beginning of its colony.
Following the tragic deaths of Grant and Lucille, Jeff abandoned his space career to raise his sons. His talents of civil and construction engineering made him one of the richest men in the world.
After reading a report of a tragic air crash in which eighty people died, the main cause being inadequate rescue equipment and crafts, he decided to use his wealth to create the International Rescue agency, which he succeeded in doing two years later.
Personality & TraitsEdit
Jeff is intelligent, kind and has a good sense of humour. He runs a tight ship, knowing full well that any slip-up could mean the difference between life and death for those in need of rescue and also the security of their organisation. Nevertheless, he is always willing to compromise, because, as he puts it in Thunderbirds Are Go, "Rules were made to be broken!"
- Main article: Jeff Tracy/Outfits
As the main head operative of International Rescue, Jeff is the first to receive any messages via Thunderbird 5 and put the mission into action straight away. He communicates to his sons and other fellow IR Agents from the main headquarters on Tracy Island.
He is so devoted to his duties that he rarely takes any time off as he knows there is always someone who needs rescuing.
Jeff appears in all 32 television episodes, as well as in all the movies. He also appears in all 3 Thunderbirds 1965 episodes.
- Main article: Jeff Tracy/Appearances
- Jeff's facial features are based on those of actor Lorne Greene.
- He was sculpted by John F. Brown, who also did Virgil Tracy and The Hood.
- Although Jeff never appears in uniform on the show, it is known that the signature colour on his IR uniform is gold.
Personal history inconsistenciesEdit
- Despite various sources saying he's the eldest of three brothers, the Haynes Thunderbirds Manual says Jeff was Grant and Grandma's only son.
- Furthermore, some sources differ over the order of birth of Jeff's sons. Some says the order was Scott, Virgil, John, Gordon and Alan, which accurately reflects their assigned Thunderbird (when Alan's in Thunderbird 5). However, other sources say that John was the second son and Virgil was the third (probably reflected in the character introductory part of the opening credits).
- "Kyrano, what's wrong? Kyrano!" - Trapped in the Sky
- "Well, boys, I guess you all did a swell job. I'm proud of you." - Atlantic Inferno
- "All right, Gordon, you're next. You go to your room. Either you or Virgil has eaten the transmitter." - Day Of Disaster
- "OK. Go and dip your hot heads in the pool. I want to read my book." - Danger At Ocean Deep
- " You're going where!? " - Thunderbirds Are Go (film)