John's signature colour on his IR uniform is lilac.
John was named by his parents after a Mercury 7 astronaut called John Glenn.
He was educated at Harvard and decided to follow in his father's footsteps of becoming an astronaut before joining International Rescue.
As a space monitor aboard TB5, John has the most important part of relaying received calls for help back down to Tracy Island on Earth.
He is also very fond of astronomy and has had many textbooks that he has written published and his incessant space searching led to the discovery of the Tracy quasar system.
Personality & TraitsEdit
John is the quietest and most intellectual of Jeff's sons, slighter in build than his elder brother Scott and younger brothers Virgil, Gordon and Alan. He is also tremendously lithe, sharp-minded, has a lot of mental energy, and is graceful. He sometimes gets frustrated with his duties aboard Thunderbird 5 because he is unable to take part in as many rescue missions as his brothers. While John may appear to act over-enthusiastically when dealing with emergencies, he is very quick at assessing a situation, proving invaluable when dealing with distress calls.
- Main article: John Tracy/Outfits
(24 episodes) Trapped in the Sky, Pit of Peril, City Of Fire, The Uninvited, Vault Of Death, Operation Crash-Dive, Martian Invasion, Brink Of Disaster, End Of The Road, Day Of Disaster, Edge Of Impact, Desperate Intruder, 30 Minutes After Noon, The Impostors, The Man From MI.5, Cry Wolf, Danger At Ocean Deep, The Duchess Assignment, Attack of the Alligators!, The Cham-Cham, Atlantic Inferno, Path Of Destruction, Ricochet and Give Or Take A Million.
John Tracy's MissionEdit
Although he is the main space monitor aboard TB5, he occasionally changes shifts with Scott and Alan for a month to take part in rescue missions down on Earth, like in Danger At Ocean Deep. While on leave on Tracy Island, John takes part in the crew rescue from Ocean Pioneer II
- Main article: John Tracy/Mission
Woken in the middle of the night, John is called into action, when a fire breaks out in the Atlantic Ocean.
- John's facial features are based on those of actor Charlton Heston and pop star Adam Faith.
- Initially, John was to be the hero of the show, but co-creator Gerry Anderson failed to find any warmth in the character's face and didn't particularly like the voice, so he had him confined to Thunderbird 5 (so much so, that when Alan had to relieve him in The Uninvited), John wasn't seen on the settee which comes out Thunderbird 3).
- John is the second/third eldest (next to Scott); however he seems to be the least experienced of being directly involved in rescues compared to his brothers despite the fact that he swaps shifts regularly with Alan and (albeit never seen on screen) Scott. This could well be coincidental that not many rescues were needed with him while he was back on Earth; however it's more down to the fact that Gerry Anderson didn't include him in many of the rescues (His only on screen rescue was Danger At Ocean Deep).