- "You know, I've often felt I'd like to do something exciting, like being a secret agent."
Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward is the London Agent of International Rescue, as well as a renowned aristocrat, socialite, and model.
Early Life and EducationEdit
Lady Penelope was born in 2039, on Christmas Eve, to Lord Hugh and Lady Amelia Creighton-Ward. She spent her initial years with her parents at the Creighton-Ward Mansion. She moved to India along with her parents, her father having been posted there by the British government to oversee the production of tea. Penelope herself, however, suffered in the harsh climate, and was sent home on her own, being placed in the charge of a governess by the name of Miss Pemberton, whom she was particularly fond of.
Her schooling began at the illustrious Roedean School, an independent day and boarding school for girls aged 11 to 18. There she excelled academically, made firm, lifelong friendships, and was appointed head girl in her final year.
Having completed her education at Roedean, she attended finishing school in Switzerland. There she became an accomplished skier, but more impressively also developed her knowledge of French, German and Italian, speaking all three flawlessly.
Career Before International RescueEdit
Lady Penelope decided following her education that she did not want to spend her life as a socialite attending the functions that members of the aristocracy are traditionally expected to. Instead, capitalising on her linguistic skills, she entered the field of espionage, quickly progressing to become chief operative of the Federal Agents Bureau. It was whilst in this position that she met Jeff Tracy. Jeff went on to offer her a position within International Rescue, which Penelope accepted immediately.
Career at International RescueEdit
Lady Penelope is a key operative for International Rescue, playing a vital role in many a rescue mission. Her particular skills lie in subterfuge, regularly fooling unwitting villains and bystanders alike into revealing to her key information. However, she can hold her own when needed, being a skilled user of hand-held guns.
Despite these skills, given that she places herself in very direct danger, Lady Penelope has previously been captured and threatened by criminals and required rescuing herself by her colleagues. She's also been proven to be an extremely rubbish driver, as demonstrated in Vault Of Death, when she decides to drive herself to the Bank of London to rescue a man trapped in the vault and in danger of being suffocated, and Parker is driving incredibly slowly (so as to avoid his old cellmate, Light-Fingered Fred, who's recently broken out of prison). She takes over, and drives extremely erratically, almost making Parker vomit. However, in Brink Of Disaster, she is shown to be highly confident behind the wheel, shooting and presumably killing the crook with machine gun using FAB 1's rear armaments.
- Main article: Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward/Outfits
- Main article: Creighton-Ward Manor
- Main article: FAB 1
- Main article: FAB 2
Race Horse/Private JetEdit
- Main article: FAB 3
- Trapped in the Sky
- The Perils Of Penelope
- Day Of Disaster
- 30 Minutes After Noon
- Vault Of Death
- The Mighty Atom
- The Impostors
- The Man From MI.5
- Danger At Ocean Deep
- The Duchess Assignment
- Brink Of Disaster
- The Cham-Cham
- Security Hazard
- Atlantic Inferno
- Path Of Destruction
- Alias Mr. Hackenbacker
- Lord Parker's 'Oliday
- Give or Take a Million
Missions and AdventuresEdit
- Main article: Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward/Missions and Adventures
- The Lady Penelope character was first introduced to the world in issue 1 of the TV Century 21 magazine on 23 January 1965, more than eight months before her UK television debut.
- Penelope's facial features are based on those of Sylvia Anderson. She was sculpted by Mary Turner, who also did John Tracy, Gordon Tracy and Brains.
- Lady Penelope, along with Scott, FAB 1, Parker and Brains appeared in British comedian Peter Kay's "Animated All Star Band" for BBC Children In Need 2009.
- "Parker, get the Rolls-Royce. We are going for a little drive." - Trapped in the Sky
- "I feel I'd be failing in my duties as hostess, if I didn't tell you that in my home, everything stops for tea." - Day Of Disaster
- "But I shan't consider myself as part of the team until I've been out on a rescue." - The Mighty Atom
- "Jeff, how simply splendid of you to call. Is it business or pleasure?" - Path of Destruction