Conrad, a young traffic controller makes a slight error, which ends in catastrophe aboard the orbiting Spacehub transit terminal. Alan launches Thunderbird 3 and is able to buy Conrad time, but in the end, the only way to save Conrad is to modify Thunderbird 2 for space transport to replace a vital component of the Spacehub.
- Scott Tracy, Alan Tracy - Rasmus Hardiker
- Virgil Tracy, Gordon Tracy - David Menkin
- John Tracy - Thomas Brodie-Sangster
- Brains - Kayvan Novak
International Rescue Equipment UsedEdit
- This is the first time a televised Thunderbird 2 is configured to go into space, but it almost burned up on re-entry and would probably would have been destroyed without Conrad's quick thinking. This is reminiscent of several comic strips series.
- This episode saw the return of and a new use for the Elevator Car.
- Conrad states his family live in Slough, the place where the original Thunderbirds series was filmed in a studio on a Slough trading estate.
- One of the ships is the same design as the Helius from the episode Colony.
- This episode uses the most Thunderbird craft to rescue the least number of people. Thunderbird 2 is used to deliver a coolant unit and to return Conrad back to Earth, Thunderbird 3 is used to assess the disaster zone and to rescue Conrad (and later return Conrad to his space station), Thunderbird 4 is used later in the episode for the recovery of the modified Thunderbird 2 from the ocean (although this is unseen), and of course Thunderbird 5 is used for first contact and communications.
- This was the only episode in the second half of season 2 to use Thunderbird 3 for a space rescue.