Lucille "Lucy" Tracy (née Taylor) was the wife of Jeff Tracy and mother of the five Tracy brothers Scott, John, Virgil, Gordon and Alan.
The official cause of death is unknown due to conflicting sources, such as an illnness, road accident and the most official death so far, avalanche (The Complete Thunderbirds Story).
Regardless of how she passed away, her death inspired Jeff to create International Rescue to save other people's lives around the World in her memory.
Each Tracy boy is said to take after their mother in one way or another:
- Scott Tracy takes after her determination.
- John Tracy takes her love for the stars.
- Virgil Tracy - takes her artistic elements.
- Gordon Tracy takes her humour.
- Alan Tracy takes everything.
- Lucille Tracy was never officially named or referred to on-screen. While the TV21 magazine briefly mentioned a "Mrs. Tracy", it wouldn't be until the early 1990's when Alan Fennell named and incorporated her into the Thunderbirds The Comic storyline The Complete Thunderbirds Story. It is debatable whether or not she is considered canon to the original television series (as neither Gerry nor Sylvia Anderson were involved with the story, plus the comic altered numerous established story elements such as the setting being 2026 instead of 2065). However, later publications have retroactively added her to the '2065' timeline.
- In Joan Marie Verba's Countdown To Action!, Lucy's maiden name is said to be Taylor.