- Displacement: 120,000 tons
- Length: 620 feet
- Power Source: atomic reactor that powers a 35,000 hp turbine
- Range: 7,000 miles
- Top Speed: 45 knots
- Width: 89 feet
The front of the ship has an anchor on its starboard side, at least one towing cleat, and a cargo pump-room with a large, four-pronged communication antenna on top. This antenna is also supported by several cables. Underneath the cargo pump-room is the tank maintenance access gangway.
The middle of the ship has a number of tanks for storing either alsterene or oil, as well as a maintenance gangway.
Abaft, there is a two-storey superstructure. The first storey has living accommodation for the crewmen as well as a cabin for the captain. The first storey extends to the end of the ship, just below an orange helipad. The second storey houses the control room. Underneath the bridge is the atomic reactor and the steam turbine power plant.
Cross-section (Cutaway Drawing)Edit
- Main article: Ocean Pioneer II Cutaway drawing
- Main article: History of the Cutaway Drawings (Classic Thunderbirds)
- Two different size models were used during filming
- The smaller Ocean Pioneer model is one of only a handful from the classic series to have survived until today, another being the atomic irrigation station tour bus (also known as the hover bus) from The Mighty Atom.
- It also appears (twice) in the "Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons" episode The Launching, both as a real ship in the shipyard, and as a model in the Launch Control Room.