- "As long as we're in one piece, the show goes on."
— Rick O'Shea
A two-man pirate-television satellite - KLA - is knocked out of orbit when a faulty rocket explodes in its vicinity. Alan rescues one of the crew, but the presenter, Rick O'Shea, refuses to perform a space walk to Thunderbird 3. Virgil and Brains, in Thunderbird 2, must destroy the KLA satellite before it crashes into a Middle-Eastern oil refinery - whether or not O'Shea is still aboard.
- Main article: Ricochet/Storyline
- Main article: Ricochet/Transcript
- Jeff Tracy - Peter Dyneley
- Scott Tracy - Shane Rimmer
- Virgil Tracy - Jeremy Wilkin
- Alan Tracy - Matt Zimmerman
- Brains - David Graham
- Tin-Tin Kyrano - Christine Finn
- Gordon Tracy - David Graham
- Grandma Tracy - Christine Finn
- DJ Rick O'Shea - Ray Barrett
- Engineer Loman - David Graham
- Professor Marshall - Sylvia Anderson
- Operator Power - Jeremy Wilkin
- International Space Control Commander - Charles Tingwell
- DJ Tom - Jeremy Wilkin
- Sentinel Base Computer - David Graham
International Rescue Equipment UsedEdit
Non-International Rescue Equipment UsedEdit
- This is the only episode where Virgil pilots Thunderbird 3 and Gordon goes to Thunderbird 5.
- The Rick O'Shea puppet was created by sculptor Terry Curtis, who loosely based the character's features on those of Sean Connery.
- This is the only episode of Season 2 not to feature either Lady Penelope or Parker.
- Ricochet marks the third and final episode to feature the interior and exterior sets of the Tracking Station; they were first seen as the Satellite HQ in Cry Wolf, and later as the Central Office of the General Staff Command in The Impostors.
- The episode closes with an extract from "Flying High", a song originally composed to serve as the closing Thunderbirds theme (albeit with different lyrics).
- For subsequent half hour "cliffhanger" broadcasts, the first installment concluded with Jeff ordering to "get those Thunderbirds flying!", and Alan's subsequent "yes sir!" line. Instead of cutting back to KLA, the screen suddenly goes black for about a second, before swiftly fading into the closing credits.
- The Main Control Room of Thunderbird 3 is completely different from how it appeared in the previous season.
- The Professor says "Detonate" without moving her lips.
- John can be seen saying Gordon's one and only line instead of Gordon himself.
- For some strange reason, Alan's Season 1 head is used.
- As Thunderbird 2 leaves its hangar it has small "Thunderbird 2", but when it's in the air the "2" has changed to a larger font.
- French: Le satellite pirate
- German: Piratensender ausser Kurs
- Spanish: El satélite pirata
- Italian: Rimbalzo
- Dutch: Ruimteredding (TV 1967); Ricochet (VHS, DVD)
- Japanese: 宇宙放送局の危機