"Ring of Fire Part 1" was the premier episode of Thunderbirds Are Go!, and sixth produced overall. The episode made its public debut at the BFI Southbank event in London on March 31st 2015 at 4PM, bundled with Ring of Fire Part 2. It is the first instalment of a 2-part adventure.
A series of underwater sea quakes along the ocean floor cause a research team to become trapped in their sea lab that perilously sits near the edge of an underwater cliff. It’s up to Scott, Virgil and Gordon to rescue and bring the research team to the surface, but before doing so Gordon discovers a device which turns out to be one of several seismic destabilises which have been left at the bottom of the ocean while following a signal which he hoped belong to their father who is 'missing in action'.
With the help of Lady Penelope, they discover that the devices causing the quakes have been created by their organisation's biggest enemy, The Hood.
- Scott Tracy, Alan Tracy: Rasmus Hardiker
- Virgil Tracy, Gordon Tracy: David Menkin
- John Tracy: Thomas Brodie-Sangster
- Tanusha "Kayo" Kyrano: Angel Coulby
- Brains: Kayvan Novak
- Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward: Rosamund Pike
- Parker: David Graham
- Grandma Tracy: Sandra Dickinson
- The Hood: Andres Williams
- Colonel Casey: Adjoa Andoh
- Father in Balloon - Ramon Tikaram
- Boy in Balloon - Jay Heyman
- Dr. Meddings - Kayvan Novak (uncredited)
- Engineer - Teresa Gallagher
- Note: the following section is large. As such, it is hidden by default.
- Voice director: Dave Peacock
- Original dialogue record: Simon Capes, Soho Squares Studios
- Miniatures: WETA Workshop
- Design & miniature FX supervisor: Richard Taylor
- Lead model maker: Steven Saunders
- Workshop supervisor: Rob Gillies
- Production co-ordinator: Holly Beals
- Model makers: Sofia Pedersen, Mona Peters, David Duke, Joaquin Loyzaga, Laura Marie King, Abigail Smith, Masayuki Ohashi, Pietro Marson, Sourisak Chanpaseuth, Kim McAuslan
- Director of photography: Simon Godsiff
- 1st assistant director: Robin Wilson
- Production manager: Sadie Wilson
- Gaffer: Simon Oliver
- 1st assistant camera: Graham Smout
- Key grip: Byron Sparrow
- On set model technicians: Rob Chesney, Ben Fairless
- Lighting equipment: Portsmouth Lighting, NZFX SFX Equipment
- Catering: Deborah Logan
- Production designer: Ben Milsom
- Designer, Thunderbird Shadow: Shoji Kawamori
- Lead concept artist: Christian Pearce
- Concept artists: Aaron Beck, Gus Hunter, Rebekah Tisch
- Head of design: Richard Athorne
- Design studio co-ordinators: Tasha Guillot, Catherine Mitchell
- Asset supervisor: Sven Trotter
- CG modellers: Ben Hutchinson, Tom Robinson, Ben Picking, Che Thorpe
- 3D story supervisor: Tim Gaul
- Lead 3D story artists: Karl Essex, Andrew McCully
- Matchmove: James Donald, Luke Swasbrook
- 3D story: Jason Campbell, Shinji Dawson, Nicholas Dodwell, Eduardo Gutierrez, Rhys Hanan, Jim Hatibarua, Nagaraju Kasama, Aksh Malik, Yohann Misst, Robin Wilson-Davey
- Production executives: Ivan C, Andy Tsao
- Head of production: Sareana Sun
- Line producer: Diana Chen
- Production team: Sean Li, Lara Lin, Tsung-Hsein Tsai, Bernie Huang, Pang Sy, Joseph Cheung, Yao-Cheng Wang, Heyifang, Tan Tao, Xu Ding, Shiwei Yang, Aimee Zhang
- Editor: Anthony Cox
- Assistant editors: Louise Pattinson, Adam Reynolds
- 3D artist: Rhys Clapcott
- Software engineer: Mike King
- Animation supervisor: Chad Moffitt
- CG supervisor: Andrew Harris, Park Road Post Production
- Data wranglers: Joyce Kamille Cristal, Wattana Moeung, Clare Brody
- Casting: Peacock Sound
- VFX line producer: Malcolm Angell
- Production co-ordinator: Sophie Gregory
- Production assistants: Brittany Connell, Jordan Harding
- Production secretary: Christine Healy
- Production runner: Nate Hinde
- Script co-ordinator: Patrick Rieger
- Casting [children]: Sue Neddleham
- Legal and business affairs: Sally Perry, Sarah Cull
- Production accountants: Emily Stafford, Karen Kong
- Special advisor, International Rescue: David Tremont
- Branding and title design: ITV Creative
- Compositing: Milk VFX
- Online editor: Simon Brook
- Colourist: Paul Staples
- Picture post production: Encore London
- Sound effects editor: Adam Armitage
- Foley engineer: Keith Partridge
- Mix technician: Kiran Marshall
- Audio post prodution: Jules Zabbar
- Music composed by: Ben Foster, Nick Foster
- Original theme: Barry Gray
- Sound designer & re-recording mixer: Nigel Heath
- Audio post-production: Hackenbacker
- Producers: Sharon Lark, Stuart McAra
- Line & consulting animation producer: Teresa Reed
- CITV commissioning editor: Jamila Metran
- Executive producers: Estelle Hughes, Giles Ridge, Andrew Smith, Richard Taylor
- Based on the original series by: Gerry & Sylvia Anderson
- "No-one is losing their dad today." - Virgil Tracy
International Rescue Equipment UsedEdit
Non-International Rescue Equipment UsedEdit
- Hot air balloon
- Sealab 1
- Main article: /Transcript
- First Appearance: Entire new cast (in the flesh, as it were).
- First episode of the new series, and first 'new' Thunderbirds-related media in over a decade.
- Not counting the connected subplot between The Perils Of Penelope and Sun Probe, this is the first 'multi-part' episode of Thunderbirds ever, across all media.
- This was one of two episodes having their 'official' premiere before the series was broadcast, the other being Crosscut.
- The title of this story may be a reference to the 1966 Thunderbirds novel written by John Theydon.
- Rather coincidentally, series director David Scott shares his last name with the first name with a Tracy brother.
- Virgil mentions that the year is 2060.
- There is a reference to another of the Andersons' puppet series, Stingray (which John says is his favourite show).
- The bow of the submarine resembles the command modules of the Eagle spacecraft in Space: 1999.
- Even though Thunderbird Shadow hasn't been unveiled yet, Kayo has it on a patch on her uniform.
- When Alan and Kayo return from space, Alan is on the right and Kayo on the left. However, after the main rescue has finished, Kayo is on the right and Alan on the left.
- Dutch: Ring van vuur - deel 1
- French: La ceinture de feu
- Spanish: Anillo de Fuego: parte 1
- Japanese: インターナショナル・レスキュー出動!（前編） (International Rescue Dispatch! (Prequel))