Scott Tracy is a character from the Thunderbirds Are Go! television series. He is the pilot of Thunderbird 1, and leader of International Rescue. He is the eldest of Jeff Tracy's sons and is the older brother of John, Virgil, Gordon and Alan as well as the adoptive brother of Kayo and the eldest grandson of Grandma Tracy.
Personality & TraitsEdit
Scott is as selfless, brave, and even as humorous as his siblings, on and off the job. He is highly intelligent and imaginative when it comes to working with what he has and coming up with ideas swiftly. He is overall friendly to rescue victims, even if they are being difficult like Marion Van Arkel was in Crosscut, whom Scott managed to put up with and reason with, and he was even kind enough to find her a job. However, since he is more easily swayed by his emotions, Scott can be more reckless and less user friendly; He nearly punched Professor Harold in the face after hearing his total disconcern for the lives of Gordon, Parker and Penelope, and he probably would have done if Virgil wasn't there to restrain him. He is not afraid to doubt his family; occasionally telling Virgil or Alan not to come with him on rescue missions. A notable example of this is when he was very tempted to press the big red button that stops the train in Runaway like a "brick wall", instead of letting Brains stop it in a more complex and time-consuming, but much safer way. Scott often knows his limits though, which is why he took Brains with him in Runaway.
Scott can joke around during mission like his brothers, but he takes his work at International Rescue very seriously deep down, and even claimed in Recharge that it is the only thing that keeps him going after the heartbreaking disappearance of his father. Scott is friendly to his allies and is proud of his brothers, and there are scenes that portray him as the most leader-like. When his brothers were having an argument about being unable to save the crew of CIR.R.U.S. in Skyhook, Scott was the one who stopped the quarrelling, and was the one who calmly told them that they must accept their failure.
- Main article: /Missions
Scott has the most rescues than any of the Tracy clan, his role as leader of International Rescue means that he is always usually the first person on the scene and has the situation assessed before he or his brothers begin the rescue.
- Scott and Virgil are sent out to investigate an open uranium mine to reseal it, however Scott discovers that someone is inside the mine. When the main lift is broken by too much weight, Scott and Van Arkel have to find another way out.
- Alan flies Scott up to Moonbase Alpha to try and convince their dad's old friend Capitan Taylor to abandon the base due to a large meteor shower heading for that side of the moon. When the Moon base becomes damaged both Scott and Taylor make their escape.
- When famous explorer François Lemaire and his wife are flying too close to the tail of Hailey's Comet and have their ship 'the solar wind' struck by some debris, Scott and Alan have to go and chase down the comet to rescue them.
- So far, Scott is the only character not to have an exo-suit of any kind. However, he has a few variations to his uniform - from his gloves being fingerless to full covered between episodes in season 2, magnetic boots (Touch And Go) and a wingsuit (High Strung).
- Japanese: スコット・トレーシー (Sukotto Torēshī)
- Chinese: 史考特·崔西 (Shǐkǎotè Cuīxī)