- "Eat? I guess you ain't been 'round these parts long enough to have heard about Ma's beans, ma'am."
— Jeremiah Tuttle
An organisation posing as International Rescue fakes a rescue mission to steal confidential documents. With the world convinced that they're frauds - and the military actively searching for their hidden base - the real International Rescue is forced to suspend operations. Jeff Tracy alerts IR's worldwide network of field agents - including Lady Penelope and Parker - to help track down, and expose, the criminal impostors...
- Main article: The Impostors/Storyline
- Main article: The Impostors/Transcript
International Rescue Equipment UsedEdit
Non-International Rescue Equipment UsedEdit
- The Satellite HQ interior and exterior sets would be reused as different buildings, in both Cry Wolf and Ricochet.
- The EJ2 Jet, from Operation Crash-Dive, returns as the fake Thunderbird 2.
- This is the only TV episode in which the real Thunderbird 2 does not make an appearance.
- The episode title is sometimes spelled "The Imposters."
- Eddie Kerr claims that this marks the first time that TV cameras were able to reach the scene of an accident in time to see the International Rescue team in action. This would mean the events in The Impostors precede those in Terror in New York City, even though it is later both by broadcast order, and by production order.
- Main article: The Impostors/Goofs
- French: Les Imposteurs
- German: Doppelgänger
- Spanish: Los Impostores
- Italian: Gli impostori
- Dutch: De bedriegers (TV 1968, VHS, DVD); De oplichters (TV, 1992)
- Japanese: にせ者にご注意