|"Thunderbirds: The Vault" is a Stub.|
You can help Thunderbirds Wiki by expanding it.
Thunderbirds: The Vault is a book about the 1960s Thunderbirds series as well as the two feature films. As well as featuring episode and film guides, the book goes into detail about the making of said productions.
- The following were interviewed for the book: Jamie Anderson, the late John Blundall, Cathy Ford, Ben Foster, Ken Holt, Brian Johnson, David Lane, Robin McDonald, Mike Noble, Alan Perry, Shane Rimmer, Keith Shackleton, and Ralph Titterton.
- Quotes from Gerry Anderson feature in the book, but Thunderbirds: The Vault was conceived after Anderson's death.
- Sue Harman, sister of the late Simon Archer, preserved Archer's tapes of interviews with members of the Thunderbirds production team and allowed Hearn to listen to them. As a result, Hearn was able to quote extracts of Archer's interviews with Bob Bell, Alan Fennell, Christine Glanville, Derek Meddings, and Alan Pattillo in Thunderbirds: The Vault.
- Chris King gave Hearn permission to use extracts from an interview he conducted with the late Sylvia Anderson in 2014.
- Ian Fryer allowed Hearn to use an extract from an interview he conducted with Nicholas Parsons in 2012.
- For the book's research, Hearn consulted the Gerry Anderson Complete Comic History website, as well as the books Yes M'Lady, The Complete Book of Thunderbirds, The Complete Gerry Anderson, Filmed in Supermarionation, 21st Century Visions, and The Gerry Anderson Memorabilia Guide.
- The following people allowed Hearn to photograph and scan some of the rarest items from their collections: Graham and Katie Bleathman, Stephen Brown and Lynn Simpson, Steve Cambden, Sam Denham, Vaughan Herriott, Chris King, Steve Kyte and Helen McCarthy, and the curators of the Barry Gray Archive - Ralph Titterton and Cathy Ford.
- The following people made priceless contributions to picture research: Theo de Klerk, Chris McHugh, and Dennis Nicholson.
- The following received thanks from Hearn for the provision of additional images: Anderson Entertainment, Andrew Barr, Tony Clark, Fanderson, Chris Gamm and Chris Rolfe, Mick Hall, Derek Handley, the Doug Luke Archive, Tim Mallett and Nick Williams, Alistair McGown, Will Shackleton, Alan Shubrook, and Mike Trim.
- The following helped with aspects of the book's research: the BBC Written Archives Centre, the British Film Institute, Michele Fabian Jones, Ian Fryer, Melvyn Hiscock, Adam Jezard, Joe McIntyre, the National Archive, the late Ian Scoones, and Rorie Sherwood.
- At ITV, Najmie Allette and Maggie Harris made the project of making Thunderbirds: The Vault possible, and at Random House, Hearn's editors - Yvonne Jacob and Lorna Russell - guided said project to completion.
- For the book, Chris Bentley answered many of Hearn's queries, Jonathan Rigby made valuable comments about the manuscript, and Peri Godbold advised on technical aspects of the image restoration.